Welcome to OlatheTruth.com. The website on which this Policy is hosted is owned and managed by The Truth Church of Olathe Kansas, dba The Truth Church.
This Privacy Notice describes how The Truth Church collect, use, disclose, transfer, store, retain or otherwise process your information, whether provided through the website, or acquired directly by any other means, and will be dealt with in accordance with the Law.
By continuing to browse and use this website you are accepting the terms and conditions of use, which govern The Truth Church relationship with you.
Whenever “We”, “Our” or “Us” is used in this Policy it is referring to your relationship with and an obligation or right, in The Truth Church
“Data Controller” is the entity that determines the purpose for which personal data is collected and processed.
“Data Processor” is the entity processing personal data on behalf of the Data Controller
“Personal Data” is any information about a living individual, which allows them to be identified, such as a name, email, or photograph, and can identify them alone or in conjunction with other information.
The Truth Church takes your privacy very seriously and this Policy has been adopted as it recognizes the right of people to keep their personal information private.
By providing Personal Data, including by use of this website, you agree to allow us to contact you, including by mail, email, telephone or SMS text message, in connection with our charitable purposes:
a. for our legitimate interests, in accordance with current data protection regulations; or
b. on the basis of the consents you have given.
If at any point you would like to change your preferences and:
1. you do not wish to receive further communications from The Truth Church you attend or previously attended; OR
2. you wish to change the way you receive any communication
follow the procedure under Your Rights below.
If you disagree with any part of this policy, please do not provide Personal Data to us and do not use the website.
Personal Data is collected each time you are in contact with us, for example, when you:
b. make a donation to The Truth Church;
c. register for a The Truth Church conference or a The Truth Church event;
d. apply for a job or volunteer at The Truth Church;
e. provide your contact details, in writing or orally, to The Truth Church staff or volunteers;
f. purchase goods or services from The Truth Church, through the website, or directly from The Truth Church and when you provide credit or debit card details;
g. participate in other The Truth Church activities e.g. Groups;
h. contact us by means such as email, text, letter, telephone;
i. have face to face meetings with staff and volunteers;
j. access social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WhatsApp, TikTok, and Snapchat;
k. register with olathetruth.com and grant The Truth Church permission to provide The Truth Church with access to your personal data and give consent to be contacted by The Truth Church
The types of personal information collected by us include:
• personal details such as your title, name and date of birth;
• contact details such as a postal address, postcode, email, mobile and telephone numbers;
• when relevant to our mission, demographic information such as marital status, nationality, education, employment/qualifications, and family details;
• financial information such as donation history and your bank details;
• whether you are a taxpayer in the place where The Truth Church is registered;
• spouse and family details when you jointly volunteer, register for events, and/or register your children for any reason at The Truth Church;
• non-financial information such as passports, driving licenses and financial information such as salary records, tax codes, and expenses claims;
• employee and volunteer data such as qualifications, languages, and experience;
• records of your contact with us;
• photographs provided by you or taken at The Truth Church services or events;
• visits to the website to The Truth Church to improve its effectiveness and better promote church services and events.
We may collect and store sensitive personal information (Special Category Information under GDPR) such as:
• health information provided during pastoral meetings;
• health information to assist attendance at The Truth Church services and events;
• religious information (attendance at The Truth Churchevents / activities, personal faith decisions, baptism);
• religious affiliation, permitted when you and/or your family attend, register for The Truth Church events and conferences;
• prayer requests.
We collect information about you for a variety of uses based on different reasons. For example, some of the information is disclosed in order to register for activities or events, sometimes we are required by law and regulations to collect and process information about you, and at other times we consider it is in our legitimate charitable interest to collect and process information.
Your personal information will be dealt with in accordance with the Law. It is never sold, nor given away. It is only shared with others where you have given consent or where it is permitted or required either contractually or legally.
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent unless authorized or required by law.
Generally, uses of your personal information based on our legitimate charitable interests and on your consent may include:
• keeping you informed as The Truth Church services, activities, events, resources, and conferences;
• to promote the interests of The Truth Church, its Christian mission and its charitable objects;
• to manage employees and volunteers;
• to fundraise and process donations and related statutory rights and obligations;
• to establish and maintain your involvement with us, events you have attended, what areas and activities of The Truth Church you have supported, record and acknowledge any donation, to provide the products or services you have requested;
• to answer an inquiry or request for further information or complaint about us, our services, activities and events;
• to register you for events, conferences and provide the services requested;
• to carry out analysis and market research and improve our website and communications, for example by matching anonymised user’s data with social media sites such as Facebook to better understand people’s interests;
• to assist The Truth Church to provide services and products more valuable to those involved in The Truth Church community;
• to improve our ability to assist The Truth Church attendees and the wider community;
• to assist The Truth Church with management and administrative purposes such as accounting, credit/debit card payments, anti-fraud measures, maintenance, and development.
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons we collected and need to use your information. Under the Law in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
• because it is in our legitimate interest as registered charitable and Christian religious entities to use your personal information to operate and improve our service as churches;
• to fulfill any contractual relationship we have with you in relation to the provision of products or services, such as registration at events;
• because you have consented to The Truth Church using your information for a particular purpose;
• because we need to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation, such as protection and welfare of individuals;
• to protect the vital interests of you or another person, for example, in pastoral situations;
• to process sensitive/special category personal data that is relevant to us as a not for profit religious organization;
• where you have given consent for us to contact you by email, phone or SMS, to send you information and marketing communications.
Information you provide electronically, including through this website, may be held on computers in The Truth Church locations and on servers in the USA.
Information you provide in paper forms, such as consents, letters, or recorded in meetings with staff or volunteers, may be transferred to secure virtual systems or stored in secure physical filing systems.
Subject to compliance with our data management policies and procedures, and in compliance with the above Data Protection Principles, information may be accessed, used, and stored:
a. on computers in The Truth Church locations and servers based in the USA; and
b. by a limited number of staff or key volunteers under a duty of confidentiality who are involved in the development, maintenance and operation of the website The Truth Church, and olathetruth.com or the services provided through them, or who act for us for the uses set out in this policy, or other purposes approved by you. Those parties may also process information, fulfill and deliver orders, process credit card payments, and provide support services to us.
Third party service providers may process information, fulfill and deliver orders, process donations, and credit card payments, and provide support services on our behalf. Where such details are shared, agreements in place restrict the use of your information to the purpose for which it is provided and ensure it is stored securely and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
One of our main providers is The Rocket Science Group in the USA d/b/a MailChimp, which provides email communication services and is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework approved by the European Commission.
We do not sell or pass any of your personal information to any other organization and/or individuals without your express consent unless required by law.
All financial payments and records are held in accordance with The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (“PCI DSS”).
All credit/debit card donations made online or by phone, are made securely through third-party service providers and payment gateways, which comply with the PCI DSS. Unredacted card details are not recorded and stored on our systems.
We do not store unredacted financial details (credit or debit card numbers) obtained through online transactions nor do we pass any information to third parties, except where we are legally required to do so, to assist fraud reduction, or to provide a service requested and minimize credit risks.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with the Law and other legal requirements.
If you have indicated that you no longer wish to hear from us, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure that no future contact is made.
However, even after you modify your communication preferences, we may retain copies of information about you for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, the applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
Where we hold Sensitive Category Personal Information, unless we have evidence of your regular contact with us or we are required by law to retain, the sensitive information will be deleted after a period of two (2) years.
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. In addition, the Law gives you the right, under certain circumstances:
• to request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information we hold about you;
• to correct or update your personal information held by us;
• to request us to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing;
• to object to profiling activities based on our legitimate interest;
• to request to have all personal data deleted (in the EEA only). To exercise any of these rights please contact The Truth Church
Please tell The Truth Church as soon as any of your contact details change so that records can be kept up to date.
We will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information, which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
* to choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone;
You can change the way you are contacted, or the kind of material sent to you, at any time by contacting us by mail or e-mail using the contact details below.
You will have the opportunity to decline to accept communications at any time and discontinue receiving such communication by:
a. following the instructions to “unsubscribe” on any email or text communication received from The Truth Church;
b. emailing [email protected];
c. emailing The Truth Church which you attend or previously attended, or which contacted you.
Reasonable steps will be taken to keep secure any personal information, which is held.
Personal information, held electronically, is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, no responsibility is accepted for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorized access or use of that information.
Security measures are taken to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage.
Where we have given you, or where you have chosen security codes (username, password, memorable word or PIN), which enable you to use any online service, you are responsible for keeping these security details confidential.
This website may also include links to other websites or may provide social media buttons, permitting sharing web content directly to a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Periscope, TikTok, Snapchat, WhatsApp, and YouTube.
We do not endorse social media website(s) and have no responsibility for the content unless posted by or approved by us nor are we responsible for the cookies such websites may contain.
Use of such buttons or links is at your own risk and you must verify the authenticity of sites before posting or providing personal information on such sites.
We do not ask for passwords or personal details on social media.
Websites such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube are used to embed videos on the website, and service providers such as Brushfire, HotJar, MailChimp, and Google Analytics may send their own cookies via this site. Please look at the cookie and privacy policies on these third-party sites if you want more information about this.
This website may also contain sponsored links and adverts. These may typically be through The Truth Church, partner ministries or service providers, who may have their own detailed privacy policies.
Any documents or files made available to download from our website are provided at users’ own risk.
Please contact either The Truth Church if you wish to raise a concern about the handling of your personal information through this website if it involves information provided by other means.
The Truth Church may amend this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in best practice, security, and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments to the Law or other applicable legislation in the United States. Any amended version will be available on the website. We suggest you visit regularly to keep up to date with any changes.